Minimizing Conflict During Your Divorce Process
If you and your spouse have determined that filing for divorce is the best option for your marriage, you should still do your best to minimize major conflict during the divorce process. This is especially important if children are involved. A major factor in being able to avoid conflict or possibly reduce the hostility during this stressful process is to hire Thousand Oaks divorce attorney that will protect your legal rights without adding fuel to the fire.
Although your Thousand Oaks divorce attorney plays a big role in keeping the peace during your divorce, there are several techniques you can employ to reduce the conflict yourself. Below is a list of helpful tips on how to prevent and deal with conflict during the delicate stages of a divorce:
- Pick your battles and refrain from making petty jabs; taking the high road will result in less conflict.
- If there are concerns regarding a certain issue, discuss it at a point in time when neither one of you is tired, angry, or frustrated.
- Do not be too accusatory; if your spouse feels he is being blamed or attacked, he or she may be more likely to fire back and get argumentative.
- Do not interrupt each other.
- Alter your methods of communication; apparently the old methods have not been working.
- Prepare a list of things you wish to discuss with your spouse. Make sure you stick to that list and make sure your wants, desires and concerns are known and heard.
No one wants to get divorced, but if your marriage has past the point of no return, you still need to keep some sanity and decorum, especially if you have children. You should hire a good divorce attorney that will help you throughout this stressful process and make sure you are getting a fair settlement. Your Thousand Oaks divorce attorney will be able to help you with the practical issues that happen when a marriage dissolves.
To schedule a free consultation with an experienced Thousand Oaks divorce attorney, contact Gary Mitchell, Attorney at Law, toll free at 888-452-1846 or by completing the short intake form to the right.
Gary Mitchell, Attorney at Law
Westlake Village Divorce Lawyer
4195 East Thousand Oaks Blvd Suite 240
Westlake Village, California 91362